Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sweet Independence

Can I tell you how great it is to be single and independent? It's a secret that single people seem to keep quiet. It's actually quite funny because all of the couples seem to look at us single people and pity us or think how do they handle being alone? But what they don't seem to know is that we like being alone. I like it because I have such freedom. I can do and say whatever I want without consulting anyone. I am not subject to another person's judgment. I don't have to worry about my thoughts, opinions, or personality being subject to another. Marriage was not a friend to me. Don't get me wrong if Prince Charming swept down and looked longingly into my eyes, I probably would give it a try. But my heart was given long, long ago. And it has not found that soul mate since. So, I relish my freedom and look with pity at people I know who are married, knowing they don't have the independence that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment