Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Don't Want to Go Back!

I cannot believe I have to go back to school tomorrow! Can you believe that our district has us going back Monday and Tuesday? It's pure torture. I feel like I'm already on break. But tomorrow morning at 6:00am, I will remember that this weekend was just a cruel joke.

So, tomorrow the students will come. It is what I call a "fun day". And yes, I do use the quotes purposefully. We always have a crazy schedule with fun stuff for the kids to do. The schedule is different every year, so it sends the teachers into a bit of a tizzy. Usually 3-5 different versions of the schedule are sent out before the day. And the final schedule is sent out in the late afternoon the day before the actual event. I have learned to role with these days and schedules. There are many teachers in our building who are power players and who have influence in these things. I am not one of them, neither do I want to be. The first year I was at my school this kind of thing drove me crazy. I never knew what was going on, and I always felt out of control. I still don't know what's going on until it is happening. But I don't feel out of control. I just don't care. It amuses me that so many of the same teachers still care over and over again every year. Basically, all I want to do is teach and try to get those crazy kids to learn. Although, I will say that this year's schedule is really hard to decipher. I'm going to have to really sit down tomorrow morning and put my thinking cap on.

Then Tuesday will be a frantic grading of 7th grade projects and 8th grade final papers. I really don't want to take anything home over the holiday. When I'm at work I'm all about work. But when I come home I need a break. Besides, they don't pay me enough to work at home.

I'll be fortifying myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment