Saturday, June 5, 2010

weight


Just came back from visiting with my sister at mom and dad's house. It is always so great. I just am always amazed how much we are concerned about weight. I am number one in line when it comes to weight obsession. I'm 41, and I am definitely aware of slowed down metabolism. My sister is too. I follow a modified South Beach diet. I try to keep sweets, processed food, breads, and fried foods out. I try to eat a high protein diet. It works pretty well. My sister follows it much more rigorously. It works successfully for her too. I probably will always be aware of my weight and try my best to keep in check. Since I was twelve years old, I have been aware of my weight. Lately, I've been watching Drop Dead Diva. The message is obviously that big can be beautiful and that there is so much more to a woman than the way she looks. Sometimes I get so tired of being aware of how I look. Quite a bit of my past self worth has been tied in with how I look. As I get older and care a little less about that, I'm hoping that who I am on the inside is enough to draw people to me and keep them liking me-not just the way I look. I think this is the case. I would love it if I could just let go, eat what I want, and trust that people will like me and think I'm beautiful despite what I look like based on just who I am. I think people do this more than you would think. I see it all over with other people. Can I trust that for me? Right now I'm still trying to fight the weight thing, but hopefully a little less than in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment