Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Knife of Never Letting Go


I just finished The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. What an amazing book! At first, I did not think I was going to be able to read this. The characters in this book live on New World. In this world, a war occured, a germ was spread, and everyone can read each other's thoughts. You can even hear animals' thoughts. This is what tripped me up at first. The main character, Todd Hewitt, has a dog; and the reader gets to know what the dog is thinking also. I arrogantly did not think I was going to be able to handle this. Thank goodness, I stuck with it. Within only about 5 pages, the dog did not bother any longer. This book just took off. Ness has quite the imagination. Just when I thought I knew where this book was going, he would surprise me with another twist. There are two other books in this series. One is published, one is not. I cannot wait to read them, because hardly any of my questions from the first book have been answered.


All of the characters are very vivid and well developed. My heart was constantly bleeding for Todd Hewitt. And yes, I even grew to love the dog, Manchee. This book was written just like a screenplay. I would not be surprised to see it in the theater soon. It was a great ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment